SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN CURRY WITH GREENS
Prep Time: 15min
* 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
* 1 14 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
* 2-4 TBS Rogan Josh spice (from Penzey's or homemade*) or other curry powder
* Half the solids (about a 1/2 cup) from a can of refrigerated coconut milk (solids will rise separate to the top)
* 1 10 oz bag frozen chopped spinach
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 10 oz bag frozen riced cauliflower
1. Stir together the diced tomatoes and curry paste or powder (and coconut milk, if using) until thoroughly combined. Stir in the onion. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and then thoroughly coat with the tomato mixture. Place in zippered freezer bag, if freezing for a later time, or move on to Step 2.
2. When ready to cook, dump the chicken mixture into a slow cooker along with the bag of spinach. Cook 4-6 hours on low if not frozen, 6-8 hours if frozen.
3. Cook Riced Cauliflower according to package directions and top with curry.
*You can make this by combining 2 TBS curry powder, 2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, and 1/2 tsp salt.