BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
Prep Time: 15min if freezing uncooked, 35min if freezing cooked.
* 1 lb ground chicken
* 1/2 cup frozen (no need to thaw) or fresh blueberries, whole
* 1 tsp rubbed sage
* 1/4 crushed red pepper
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp dried thyme
* 1/4 tsp ground coriander
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* Coconut oil, for cooking
* 2 large Carrots, peeled and cut into strips
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and combine throughly with your hands.
2. Shape into individual patties (you should get about 8).
3. If freezing for later, place individual raw patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet, freeze, and then transfer to a freezer bag. You will have to thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before cooking the next morning. Alternatively, you can move on to Step 4, fully cook the patties and freeze them the same way. Then you can just microwave the frozen sausage for 2- 4 minutes on HIGH when you are ready to eat them.
4. To cook from unfrozen/uncooked: Place the patties in a lightly-oiled skillet over medium heat for 3 min, until browned. Flip over and cook for another 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until the meat is completely cooked throughout and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the patty reads 160 degrees F. Serve with a side of fresh carrots sticks.